Workplace Stop Smoking Sessions
Smoking is everyone’s business
Help your employees to quit smoking with Yorkshire Smokefree
Caring for your staff makes good business sense
Employees who feel valued are more satisfied in their job, increase productivity and reduce staff turnover. Helping your workforce to stop smoking or to reduce their exposure to tobacco smoke is a very simple and effective way to show them they are valued.
Yorkshire Smokefree can help you improve the health of your staff and their families and it won’t cost you a penny.
- Deliver FREE smoking cessation groups in your workplace
- Provide FREE one to one support to staff via phone, face to face or over online chat
- Run FREE promotional smoking cessation stands to encourage uptake
- Train key members of staff in brief interventions training for FREE
- Promote stop smoking via payslips, notice-board, intranet, briefings, newsletter, screen savers etc
Why support your staff to stop smoking?
Studies have shown:
- Smokers are 33% more likely to miss work than non-smokers
- Smokers are absent for an average 2.7 extra days per year than non-smokers
- Smokers take an average of 3.9 extra breaks per day, each lasting 9.8 minutes. This equates to 4.3 minutes of each working hour
- Time lost in breaks equates to lost productivity, this costs local businesses an average of £1,815 annually for each full-time worker and British businesses £5.8bn annually.
Reducing levels of smoking among employees will help reduce some illnesses and conditions (such as cardiovascular disease and respiratory diseases) that are significant causes of sickness absence. This will result in improved productivity and reduce staffing costs.
Studies have shown that 70% of smokers say they would like to stop. Employers who provide stop smoking support not only support their employees but also improve compliance with regulations around no smoking in workplaces and vehicles.
There are lots of ways to give up smoking and there is help to find a way tailored to each person’s specific needs. Some people may also be eligible to get free nicotine replacement therapy or Champix.
Contact Yorkshire Smokefree to discuss the possibility of hosting workplace stop smoking sessions for your staff.
0800 612 0011 (free from landlines)
0330 660 1166 (free from most mobiles)